Little Baby Peat

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Things are getting interesting

So, I'll add some pictures from the baby shower soon. It was truly one of the best days of my life. Having all my friends there and the love invloved in every aspect of that day was just incredible.
I am coming up on being 35 weeks pregnant and Ava has been threating to show up early. We spent last Friday in the hospital because I had gone into a Dr. appt and they discovered that I was having contractions 3-5 minutes apart. They were not the labor contractions but the braxtn hicks that are the warm up to labor. They sent me to get a shot to slow them down and a shot to help Ava's lungs develope faster and monitored me and I was able to go home. I had to go back to be checked the next day but was able to make the baby shower and Scott was able to fly to NC to shoot a commercial for Farmers Insurance that will air during March basketball.
Now the contractions are about every 10 minutes apart and are slowly getting a little stronger. I have been diagnosed with Mild preeclampsia so I am being monitored very very closely. The Dr. is going to wait until February 12 to see if Ava will come on her own but if she has not come by then we may have to induce. Her environment inside me just might not be the healthiest place for her after that. Anything 37 weeks is not premature so she might be a few weeks early but she is healthy and will be over 5 pounds so the Doctors seem confidant she will be fine. My Dr. is consulting with a specialist to make sure we are all on the same page.
I will keep everyone updated although there is a chance my dr. will admit me to the hospital soon so if that happens, I'll try to have Scott keep everyone up to date.

Keep us in your thoughs and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home